As a family we will walk through this difficult time together

Friday, June 8, 2012

My work up day

Well I am sitting here finally able to see straight without the room spinning or the overwhelming urge to throw up. Today was day two of testing for the work up on Faiths donor tests. Yesterday was somewhat easy but not the case today. It started out with of course fasting and seems to be when you can’t eat is when you are the hungriest.  First on the agenda of the numerous appointments for the day was the blood draws and Glucose test. Ok again needles scare me bad but when I sat there watching vial after vial be laid out to draw to I secretly started to panic more. The thing is I didn’t want them to think I was not fit to do this or donate since of course surgery is a lot bigger deal. So internally I shook. Then the poke which all in all wasn’t as bad as sitting there while they filled 15 vials of blood and could feel my body getting weaker. When he was finally done I was told to drink the most DISGUSTING juice in less than 5 minutes. SO empty stomach, already shaky from the blood draw and now hitting my stomach was the nasty glucose. It was a strength I didn’t know I had keeping from passing out and puking at the same time. Didn’t keep me though from shaking and sweating. Quite an embarrassing thing in the middle of a packed lab room. All for Faith, All for Faith is all I could keep saying that kept me together. SO onto now another draw, and then, EKG, Chest x-ray, meeting with clinic, nurse, surgeon, CAT scan, and hopefully that will be what they need to tell me I’m a match.

No comments:

Post a Comment