As a family we will walk through this difficult time together

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Onto another OR visit

Why is it as a mother when you hear your child cry and you are unable to hold them, you start to rock? Or you can be in a room full of commotion and noise, if your baby cries you hear it? Or when your baby sits in a bed screaming and crying you are able to not feel any of your own pain just to take theirs away? As much as I should be taking it easier there is no more I can do at this point. Because i can't not hear her cry, want to push the nurses aside and rock her when she screams or hold her even though it hurts so bad for me. I'm a mom. They have came in to give the anesthesia talk to take her back. Yesterday her incision started to drain first just a little bit but by the end of the day when I held her in my lap it soaked through the gauze, her diaper and the pillowcases. So to say the last it got worse. The drainage was clear for the most past and not to bloody so they aren't concerned that it is an infection which is GOOD. But the chance that the skin has separated from her muscle wall and created a pocket of fluid is a concern, also that the internal incision has torn. Her abdomen has went down some since yesterday but still very big, so much so that she is needing respiratory support and not giving her intestines room to work. Most of all the pain she is in. So here is to more OR time and prayers to start calm and rest. My sweet Booger

1 comment:

  1. Words can not describe how much you and your family amaze me I think of you all often and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the updates....call me if you need to talk. I am at the same place!
    Teresa Wynn
    HUGD HUGD HUGS!

    ReplyDelete