As a family we will walk through this difficult time together

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our visit with pallative care

This last Tuesday we had appointments all day again so Dan took the day off to be there with me. Our first was a visit and consult with the pallative care team at Tacoma General. What they basically do is set up the plan with all the doctors and teams of people that will be there to help our baby Faith live. It was one of those appointments I knew I wanted but knew it would be hard because you have to go over what you want if she is passing away.

When I first talked to Teresa on the phone I was in tears cause she was the first doctor besides my regular OBGYN that had care in her voice. So when we first met face to face I was not surprised when she was so sweet and caring. She began asking family history, religion, and the basics but then the ball in your throat questions started.

See this last Monday was my birthday, and it had been the longest I was away from my kids since I have no idea when and it hit me that I will be leaving them when I go to the hospital and not idea how long for. So when she started asking what my plans for our kids were it hit me like I was hearing it for the first time. All I want to do as a mom it protect my kids so knowing they are gonna have to be witness in some extent really started hurting me. Dan was so sweet cause he could tell what questions were gonna be tough for me so he kept just grabbing my hand or rubbing my back. But in all those hard questions I left knowing she was going to be in hands of people who knew what they were doing.

So here we are today set to meet with doctors and have appointment after appointments, all in the hopes our baby girl is ok. So please please pray for her, for us and our family and a miracle for our sweet and strong baby Faith.

Mommy loves you

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know, with regards to cord compression and oligohydramnios, my doctor, an amazing fetal doctor known round the world for his work, told us in ARPKD, for some reason, it just doesn't seem to happen. It can, but most often doesn't.

    Two weeks behind on chest size isn't the worst. I think Faith has a good chance, especially given how baby Stephen Schwartz is doing and many other miracle babies. Lindsey Schwartz travelled all over the state looking for a positive team to give them hope and they did. She was really pleased when I passed on your blog. There are a lot of us who could put your doctors in touch with ours and as Michele says, these doctors who give no hope, it's wrong. There is hope for faith. Do you know the kidney size?

    You are really strong and I'm praying for your family every night!

    ReplyDelete