As a family we will walk through this difficult time together

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oh the Joys of Contractions

Well I had my second of my bi-weekly appointments on Friday. All week I've been having the same symptoms, contractions every 15-20 minutes and not feeling good. So I was anxious to get in and see how she was doing since I knew I wasn't doing so hot. The appointment was just an ultrasound which they will be doing every week to check her all out. Dr. Drennan wasn't going to be there but watching it live from the hospital in Tacoma in case she sees something that didn't look right.

My mom came with me since its been to much for Dan to take two or more days off a week especially not knowing what bills we will have and bills that are just the normal day to day. When we walked on back I laid on the table and started having a contraction, and had another before she was done to. Gotta say laying on your back, contracting and having someone probing your belly really really does not feel good.

But on with the appointment outcome. She first started by head measurement which was measuring right on target. Next was fluid search, which she found one pocket of 1.4cm and an empty bladder and stomach. Now in all reality I know the week befores ultrasound she had the same amount but her bladder was almost full. So I went in, in hopes that her fluid would be up or atleast the same. But not the case:( next she did measuremnts to see how big she was since they hadn't measured her since the 28 week "normal" ultrasound. So my lil girl weighs 4 lbs 12ozs which is just perfect just crazy that in three weeks she will be so small. Next was all the stuff being a mom in the position you can't see enough of. First was her heart which she zoomed in so much so I could see the ventricles opening and closing. Then being able to hear it beat. Oh the way my heart warms hearing it. It feels like the first time every time. Next she looked at her internal organs, of course her kidneys. Then found her cord to rate the beats and true to her form she wouldn't sit still to get it and when she finally did she wouldn't stop playing with it.

So once she was all done since I was contracting still and the fluid was lower she called up to the hospital to see what they wanted me to do. I was basically told I was or may be going into preterm labor, so...go lay down, monitor movement and time of contractions and if anything changes we need to go directly to Tacoma. Yeah! Lay down and monitor. Ok again I can't sit still well and with sitting still your head goes crazy especially when your told to make sure she is ok. No worry, no worry at all.

So my wonderful mum took me to Target and I got some things I needed for my hospital bag. Then to lunch with mom and pops and home to sit down.

Yesterday Jordan had districts so it was up and at em early. Again NOT a morning person,but especially when I can't sleep due to being uncomfortable and contractions. Jordan did so good but as time went on my little girl started getting really sick. It is crazy how when you are a mom and in pain, if your child starts hurting you forget about how you feel. Well I did forget until I got her to bed and laid down and OW!

So here I am today watching the Packers kick some booty with my hubby, bro, and dad and trying not to stress about the contractions and that both of the women that were having baby girls with the same disease have both now delivered thiers. Now trying not compare but they were both due after me, so as of right now I'm trying not to worry. So please my baby Faith stay in me and cook some more!

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment