As a family we will walk through this difficult time together

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Stress of Dr Visits

Well as I sit here trying so hard not to burst into tears or stress I decided to write to keep my mind off if it. My morning started so good. I got to go to the school to see Savanna get her Little Chief award. My little girl is such the lover of attention she was so very excited to be able to stand up there in front of the school and be cheered for. She definitely did not get that from me.

It soon changed moods though since I had to run straight to a doctors visit where I sit now. It was supposed to be just a regular ultrasound checkup. Not how it went though. She first looked for fluid pockets which now she couldn't find even one. Next she checked her lungs to see if she was practicing breathing which she wasn't. So she left the room to call the doctor. Now I don't know if it is just me but that scares me. When she came back in she informed me she only scored a 4 out of 10 so I need to be hooked up to the NST to monitor her. Now if she doesn't pass this(which I'm doing right now) then I have to go up to Tacoma where they may monitor, or take her! Now I'm really scared.

I of course asked why and it was a combo of things. First was the fluid loss(which this time she had fluid in her stomach and bladder but no pockets) then was the fact she wasn't practicing breathing which may have to do with her heart being bigger, she said may be because to compensate for kidney size, and that her kidneys may be pushing on her diaphram. So basically I am fearing for my baby girl!

So now I sit waiting to hear and trying to hold myself together. Oh Lord how I pray she is ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment